Calling Michigan Artists: $10,000 Grand Prize*
Have your work be the centerpiece of a garden!
St. Ann’s is a senior care center located in Northwest Grand Rapids, and one of their many specialties is dementia care. Thanks to a fundraising campaign in 2019, St. Ann’s designed and installed an enclosed outdoor garden to care for the dementia patients who call St. Ann’s home.
St. Ann’s is holding a juried competition open to all Michigan artists to select an art installation that will complement the space and honor the donors who made this garden possible. Our hope is that this artwork will enhance the experience of memory care patients and their guests who visit the Memory Garden for years to come and participate in their healing.
Artists interested are welcome to view the space. Contact Community Relations Director Tim Bulson at email@example.com for details.
A memory garden provides a safe, multisensory experience for patients with Alzheimers and dementia to stimulate their minds and make new memories.
What to Submit
• Submit concepts for a proposed idea (not a completed work)
• Artists may submit as many representations of the proposed piece as needed to show its size, scope, medium, and method of displaying Garden donor names.
• May submit up to two entries
• Must be ages 18+
• Will not conflict with the Catholic faith tradition of the Carmelite Sisters, though an overt religious theme is not required
• Safe for dementia patients
• Able to display ~24 names
• Must be completed and installed by June 1st, 2020
• Memory Garden dedication is June 11, 2020 and the artist or artist’s representative must attend
Media & Size:
• Open to all media types
• Size and scope to complement the memory garden
design and aesthetic
• Can not require electricity or lighting
How to Submit
• Fill out the form below
• PDF, JPG, Illustrator or InDesign files are all acceptable
• Saturday, March 21, 2020
• St. Ann’s will notify the winner directly